Sunday 8 September 2013

I get knocked down… but I get up again...

Sitting at home for almost a year with the hope that my attempts at IVF would lead to a success was taking a toll at me. I was tired of answering the question of "when do you plan to get back to work" Or "Since you are not working why don't you have a baby" And I had no answers for them.

Don't expect everyone to understand your journey, especially if they've never had to walk your path!

I realised that my own self-esteem and self-worth was dipping low.

I used to cry a lot. One day I read somewhere "Crying isn't a sign of weakness. It's a sign of having tried too hard to be strong for too long." This seemed so true.
 
During those says, my husband wiped my tears. Hugged me tight. He had watched me succeed in my work. Seen me fail in my attempts to conceive. He has been the one who cheered me on. Kept me going strong. My husband is a promise from God that I will have a friend forever.

He has been telling me "You are good enough, smart enough, strong enough. Believe it."

Believing in yourself is the first secret to success.

I decided that I needed to get back to work to keep my sanity. I started to get interview calls and it made me busy and not think too much of the failure?
One day got a call from an ex-colleague who mentioned about a opportunity with her organization. It seemed lucrative. I decided to give it a try. Had couple of discussions with them. It was an opportunity in the area of work where I was earlier working and wanted to build my career on.
I took the job offer and joined them early February.

There are many things which are not and can never be explained. God decided to do certain things in a certain way and why He did this is a secret known only to Him.

The job kept me extremely busy during the initial days. So much so that I was thinking of work on weekends as well.

This job has been like a breath of fresh air after the long spell of uncertainty and despair.










2 comments:

  1. Dearmost Mithya,

    I used to wonder about you and I am so happy that I could hear from you again. It is such a nice decision to start working again, it will for sure help a lot. It is a gift to have a life partner who is like your friend - infertility will bring you both much closer and your relationship much stronger.Mithya, I wish you lots of good luck, never lose hope, explore all the options in the field of ART. I would be happy to hear from you. I hope I have your mail Id. Will mail you soon :)
    Lots of love,
    Manju

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our stories are so similar from work pov. I too have decided to leave my job and get on the baby making bus fultime. I hope in an year o two I won't be regretful....I wish you well mithya. May his new job bring in a new lease of life.

    ReplyDelete